I have lost 35 pounds! I try not to look at all the weight I need to lose (it’s way too much and pretty depressing) so I try to think of my weight loss goal in 5 pound increments, and when I get down to a number that ends in 5 I get pretty excited. Also, I spent a couple of days last week at my sister’s apartment and we made weight loss jars. I saw the idea on Pinterest, it’s basically two jars, one with marbles/whatever that represent the weight you have to lose, and one with the weight you’ve lost. Every time you lose a pound you move a marble over to the weight lost jar. I almost did marbles but my sister suggested pompoms instead. And for some reason I got it into my head that I needed almost 300 pompoms? I don’t know how that happened. Anyway, she had the jars and it cost me $2 for the pompoms and $2 for the stickers to decorate the jars (let’s pretend I only bought two bags of pompoms instead of four because I am dumb). Here is a picture:
Yes, I decorated them like I am a 9 year old girl. I don’t know why.
Anyway, I had a really good time with my sister. We went to Lane Bryant (nothing good on sale, boo!), Nordstrom Rack (one shirt and a sweater), Savers (nothing), Big Lots (hit the Special K jackpot, I got like 5 boxes of their cracker/popcorn chips for $2 each), Family Dollar (pompoms and stickers), Target (no good fat girl clothes but I got a lot of gum and some brownie mix), Payless (BOGO half off, so two pairs of flats for work, one nude and one blue), Salvation Army (nothing, boooo! They got rid of like half their books), the used bookstore at the library (couple of books, including one Stephen King book I seem to be missing), and Forever 21. Forever 21 is probably my new favourite store, okay? I had no idea they had plus-size clothes and I ACTUALLY FIT IN THEM. The biggest size, of course, but I’m positive there’s no way I could have fit into them 30 pounds ago. I got a sweatshirt with a cat face on it, a pair of cat earrings, and four pairs of earrings that look like flowers. I’m amazed that the earrings haven’t caused an allergic reaction or fallen apart yet. The stuff there is SO cheap. The sweatshirt was $20 and the earrings were $2.80 a pair. We baked brownies and went to see The Wizard of Oz and The Producers. We also caught up on Sons of Anarchy because we watched the first episode of season 5 and since I never finished season 3, I was pretty confused. We watched half of season 3 while I was there and I finished the rest up yesterday. Now I’m 2 or 3 episodes into season 4. I love that show. I am really excited for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie because I love me some Charlie Hunnam.
I am currently waiting for the iOS 7 download to finish. I lead a very exciting life.
Things that are good:
1. I have lost 30 pounds! Zomg! Either I hit a plateau or I had a few shitty weeks because it took me like three weeks to lose one pound. I was getting annoyed and really buckled down and now the weight is coming off again. Also, I usually don’t worry about counting calories on my days off but yesterday I ended up only going over by 200 calories, which really isn’t too bad. Today, not so good, but wayyyy better than usual.
2. I went to the dentist today and didn’t have any cavities. I do need a crown on one of my teeth where I had a porcelain onlay put on, but I sort of expected that. The last dentist I went to did such a crappy job, I want to punch them in the face. This dentist seems a lot better so far. Also they gave me a pink toothbrush.
3. I went to Target last week and had to check out the clearance clothing like I always do. Got two sweaters for $18 each. I had actually considered buying one when they were full price, so it was nice to get them cheaper. I didn’t have a chance to try them on when I bought them, then second guessed my purchases when I tried them on, then said fuck it and wore them anyway and now I looooove them.
4. Some of my coworkers know I’m trying to lose weight, some don’t. One of them ones who didn’t know asked if I was losing weight. She’s the first person to notice that wasn’t aware I was dieting! SO EXCITED.
Things that are bad:
1. Giving pills to cats is a HUGE pain in the ass. My cat Five (cat five, get it? HAR HAR) is on two antibiotics (one for his sneezing, one for his GI inflammation) and a steroid. He HATES the metronidazole and sometimes it takes me like five tries to get it down his throat. He hates the bitter taste and if I don’t get him to swallow it on the first try, he runs away gagging and drooling. The first night I gave him the pills I tried to wipe the drool off he freaked out and scratched the shit out of my arm. Sigh. Cats.
2. I hate my job. I fantasize about rage quitting and walking out and never having to go back. The solution would be to stick it out while looking for a new job, but that’s where my paralyzing anxiety comes in. It’s so fun to be me!
This whole weight loss thing has been pretty big for me and I am really glad it is giving me something to focus on. I’ve noticed that if I don’t have some sort of goal to work toward, I get really cranky/depressed. Not that dieting is fun or anything, it’s kind of shitty actually, I miss food, but it feels reallllly good to step on the scale and see the numbers go down.
I’m gonna go shower and brush my teeth with this sample of Crest Sensitive Pro-Relief the dentist gave me. I’ve been having sensitivity lately and he thinks it’s because of the super awesome case of eustachian tube dysfunction I have. Did I mention I’m taking a steroid nasal spray for that? I AM SO SEXY, OMG.